Join 200 other Emberiños this summer on Thompson Island in Boston Harbor for a day (and night) of Ember you’ll never forget!
- 07:30 amBoat departureGet to the island from South Boston’s World Trade Center.
- 08:00 amRegistrationSign in and get yourself prepared for the day’s events.
- 09:00 amOpeningA brief introduction to the day’s events.
Live on an Island for a Day
We wanted to make this year special, so we rented an entire island for the conference. The talks themselves will take place in an open-air beach house with a view of Boston not soon to be forgotten.
Overnight accommodations are available on Thompson Island. The Shared Island Dorms are priced at $225. That includes:
- Shared Dorms
- Two night stay (Monday June 15th & Tuesday June 16th)
- Dinner Monday night
- Breakfast Tueday morning
- Dinner Tuesday night (part of the after-party)
- Breakfast Wednesday morning
Become a Sponsor
We can’t make this conference without your help! If you are awesome and interested in sponsoring the conference, please take a look at our prospectus for more information.
- Is the conference really on an island?Yes!
- How will I get to the island? What if I have to leave early?We will be ferrying attendees back to the mainland at designated times. If you cannot make the ferry or need to leave early there are water taxis available that can be used at any time. You can even take a water taxi directly to Logan Airport if you wish.
- Tell me more about the overnight accommodation!Thompson Island has dorms available. They will be available to rent the night of Monday June 15th and the night of Tuesday June 16th. Those that join us the night before the conference can take part in some fun hacking and hanging out on Thompson Island with the DockYard crew. We plan on pricing the dorms to be “all inclusive” meaning if you sign up to stay then your dinner on June 15th, breakfast on June 16th and June 17th will be covered.The dorms themselves are best described as “college living”. Two to a dorm room. Blankets, pillows, etc… are all provided (all clean of course). We will try our best to match people up that request so.
- The dorms sound cool but it isn’t for me. Are there other options?We are not working with any hotels in Boston but there are plenty to choose from.
- I am interested in speaking. What type of talks are you looking for?Anything related to Ember. The more “out there” the better. We are interested in truly unique perspectives on how people/companies are using Ember as well as speakers that share their expert experience.
- Will there be a training day prior to the conference?Not this year.